Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back to the....

I remember being in the car with my dad. We were sitting in the drive through of McDonalds. This was ages ago, it might've even been before my parents got divorced. We were in his old Maroon Jeep Grand Cherokee. I remember I used to love that car because my old man used to floor it when the lights turned and the big 318 V8 under the hood would lift it up like a hot rod. But, I foun this black CD in the glove box and when I asked what it was, my dad put in the CD player. It was Metallica's self-titled CD, better known as the black album. And baby, when I heard that...wow! That was all I could think. I mean, at the time I was obsessed with Duran Duran, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, and The Offspring. But this! It was in a different league. I completely seperate hemisphere of awesome. It was full-on Thrash metal dismembering my ear dreams. Little wonder then that I now every one of Metallica's on my iPod. What an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment