Friday, February 18, 2011

Polizei - Act Two

A man stumbles out into the cold night air. His hands are shaking from what just happened. He was covered with blood, his white T-shirt stained completely red. In his right hand was a small pistol, which steam rolled off of. His left hand was clenched tightly against his stomach, but thick rivers of blood still surged between the boney white fingers. "Sir, are you alright." He looked up at me and shouted something. "What?" I yelled back. "GET DOWN!" He was sprinting towards me at this point. "GET DOWN!" He said again. Almost as if in a trance, I slowly laid down on the snow-covered sidewalk. A moment later he was lying down next to me. "Why are we-" BOOOMMMM!!! The building he had come out of erupted in fire, it's brick facades rippling with the force of an expolsion that brought it crashing to the earth like a poorly built block house. "Help me up, we've gotta go." I grabbed the man gently aound the waist, brought him to a standing position and put his left arm around my neck. The few areas of open skin that I had now felt hot, and thick with the man's blood. "There he is, stop him!" I looked up in time to see three men with rifles get out of a car that had pulled up to the house shortly before it exploded. The man I was carrying slowly, almost nonchalantly raised his gun and fired three quick shots. The sound crashed against my ear drums like a sledgehammer, I was temporarily defeaned. A high pitched ringing ripped through my already damaged ears. "WHO ARE YOU!? WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING PEOPLE!?" He looked annoyed, but whether it was at me or his empty gun I didn't know. "I'm a police officer, I need to get to a hospital." His words were like whispers to my damaged ears. "My car is down the street, I'll drive you there. Just hold on." Down the street I laid him in the back of my Jeep and we sped off into the night.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment