Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Polizei (Act 3)

I was bleeding out in the passenger seat of Jeep. I could feel the life draining out of my veins as we flew through the storm at insane speed. I hoped this driver knew what he was doing because we were dead if we had to take a quick turn. “Hold on guy, we’re almost there. I can see the hospital from here.” He clamped down on the brakes and spun using the thick snow to drift around the corner. We blitzed down crowded, snow rivers that were once streets, now everything was incased in ice. I wasn’t driving, but I knew that momentum was the only thing propelling us forward. There wasn’t a cubit of traction under any of the four wheels. We were at Mother Nature’s mercy. Flying around another corner, the hospital came into view for me. And what I saw melted my heart. There was already a gurney and a team of paramedics; thank God we had called ahead. Locking up the brakes, we slid almost sideways up to the hospital techs, who didn’t even flinch as the two ton SUV ground to a halt. Nearly falling into the snow as they opened the door, I was hoisted onto the gurney, and pressure was applied to my gunshot wounds. Above my, I could see a beautiful young angel of a nurse with her slender fingers pressed into the holes on my chest trying to stop the bleeding and see where the bullets went. “You’re going to be fine. I promise.” I looked to my right to see the Jeep driver running with the nurses. “I’ve got your back.” The world suddenly faded to black, and I was gone.
To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment