Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Polizei - Act One

I wake up and try to take a deep breath, but the deeper the breath the more severe the pain. The ground is hard beneath my back, and I feel a dull pain in my arm. As I slowly turn my aching neck, I see the pool of blood eminating from the left side of torso. Two neat, parrallel scars criss-crossed my arm. Three holes shone like rubies against my white shirt. My head was pounding, it felt like I had been cold clocked across the back of the head. I prayed it wasn't a concussion - not that it mattered since I had already been shot three times. There was an empty pistol about two inches from the tips of my fingers. Finally I mustered enough strength to get to my feet. My whole body felt like it was on fire. Scared, and dying of pain I scooped up the pistol. There was an extra magazine for it in my pocket, which I loaded it with. This night wasn't over with yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment