Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mein Resturaunt (prompt)

The atmoshpere of this place was dark, and very mysterious. The ceiling was a sea of mirros and the floor was covered by a mass of multi colored tiles all linked together by some mystical pattern that blossomed at the very centered of large, round, high ceiling'd room. There was a low stage where a Tama drum kit sat dormant, waiting to be used. Only a few feet from it, a pair of Flamenco guitarists had the audience stunned in perfect silence. The only sound was the percussive, impossibly fast rythym of their big Italian acoustic guitars. As I looked up, I could see electric guitars of every color hanging from the ceiling. There were only low lights illuminating The Illiad, as the resturaunt wa called, but that only added to the atmoshpere. The walls were lined with deep, soft planks of ebony that caught the light and sucked it in similar to how a black hole would. It was impossibly dark, but somehow I could still make out the fine, cursive print on the menu. As I waited for m food, sipping on a Jagermeister and Coke, I ran my hands over the solid mahogany table, feel that knots abd dents, everything little feature set off a fireworks display in my brain as the synapses in my brain couldn't keep up with the stimulus. So I stopped thinking, let the music seap in through my skin and began to move into the swirling mob of people up against the stage...and I began to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment