Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Day in th Life...10 years from now

My tired eyes snapped open as a high pitched group of notes flew out of the speakers of my alarm clock. It was the opening bars to Buckethead's King James. With a harsh slap, I turned the noise off and slowly rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Grudingly I swung my legs out from under the covers and stood up, nearly tripping over a Stratocaster that Justin had left leaning against my bed. Walking down the hall I could see Denis in the mixing room with a pair of massive head phones strapped firmly against his ears, and a Kramer Vanguard sitting pretty on his knees. There was a silent, percussive riff flowing from the strings as I moved passed, trying not to distract him. In the kitchen, Payten was asleep on the couch. I swiped a coke from the fridge and sat down next to him. "Mornin' bandmate."  He smiled and went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment